Serious?

How can you tell when your relationship with your boyfriend is getting more serious?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• When he makes demands normally for a committed relationship, or when there is a need for everyday contact.

Answer by older at 12:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• We talk nearly every day over text, and see each other in person 4-5 days out of the week.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Sounds like he is pretty serious, and it also depends on how much time you have been together.

Answer by older at 12:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• 8 months on in June. We dated for a year and five months, and during that time I got pregnant (we rushed through our last relationship, getting engaged and pregnant before we were ready) so we don't know what it's like to take a relationship slowly, and know when things are getting serious at a normal pace. That's why I thought I'd ask for clues to tell if it is:).
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I think it sounds like they're ready to get more serious. I've been hurt in past relationships and my ex husband did quite a number on me during the 9 years we were together so I knew in my next relationship I'd take things slow. My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months, he lives 3,000 miles away so we kinda had no choice in taking things slow but in two weeks he's moving across country to be with me. I'll also be meeting his parents at this time; I've met his sisters and they're great but meeting his parents and moving in together full time are some pretty big steps for me.
    Anonymous

• Yay! Congrats to you! We've been talking about moving in together too!
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• 1. When he introduces you to his closest friends. 2. When he introduces you to his family. When he makes plans for the future that include you.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2010