Am I a terrible mom??

Just had identical girls. They are 7 days old and I am home alone (DH at work) and at the moment I don't know who's who!! I can't tell apart my own kids, what do I do? I REALLY don't know which on is which..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe you can get colored braclets and put them on their ankles. Suck is pink is one girl and purple is the other. I dont know what to till you maybe one of them looks different. Their ears are a different shape? One eyes are closer/higher then the others? I hope you figure out soon. Sorry mama.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• LOL! awww Bless your heart :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• ^such
    mommy_of_two388

• haha don't worry..! My sister had the same problem with her boys. She mixed them up and had to look at their footprints to tell them apart. Then she always dressed the older one in blue and the other one in green. That went on for a couple of weeks. Then she found some small differences on them :)
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 12:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• omg goodness, you poor thing! Im sure the pediatrician has seen this a million times before. Take them in if you need help with this. You are not a bad mother by the way.
    Anonymous

• Dont worry, at 7 days old you havent had time to nitice the little traits of each. lol. Give it time. And you could always vcheck thier footprints :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Your not a bad mother...I have twin boys, we don't know if they're identical, but they sure trick us sometimes!
    Dress them differently...like one always wears purple as her main color and the other one pink as hers. This is what we do with our boys. One has blue and one has green.
    You could paint thier nails differently or if one's just slightly bigger.....find something that defines them...wether it's a mole or a kink in thier ear!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• This in no way makes you a bad mom, put different clothing so you can tell them apart. I had a friend with the same problem and at the beginning, they kept feeding the same twin over and over thinking they were alternating!

Answer by older at 12:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Aww I feel so bad for you, as if having 2 newborns to care for wasn't hard enough... I hope it gets easier for you. You definately aren't a bad mom for this!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My boss had identical twin girls. She painted one of the girls's toenails when they were babies. They also had a rule of thumb that one always wore a solid top and one wore a patterned top.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2010