• In the Spotlight:

need advice, should i leave or stay

Ok me and my boyfriend have been together for about 3 years we have a beautiful daighter who is 8 months old. My boyfriend has a problem, he gets text messages from girls, now some are innocent but other get really sexual basically text sex. Now this has been going on since the beginning, every time i catch him we break up and he swears it will never happen again. Last time was last november, when it happened i moved out took my baby and left for a while, he called me crying stating he would never do it again. Since then he has had his number changed and it has been really good, so this weekend i was playing on his phone and he gets a text message sayd "hey whats up" well when it came through the whole conversation popped up, i guess this was a girl from high school and she wanted to see him and go on a date, he declined, He said all the right things about how he has a family and all that, this happened saturday and last night

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Take his stupid phone, put it under the car tire and drive over it. Case closed! He is an idiot for continuing this behavior!
    Anonymous

• (continued) i asked him if he has been texting any girls, already knowing he was, he straight up tells me no, when i confronted him he stated he forgot about it and all that. Now we have an apartment where we are both on the lease there is no way i can get out of it until feburary. Given our past and how he has now lied to me again, what would you do, i have no where to go and i know he wouldnt leave because he wants to be with me but basically i am at the point where i know he is not going to change so do i live with it or do i leave? what do you girls think?
    Anonymous

• I'll I have to say is fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
    He's lied to you from the beginning and possibly cheated. He isnt respecting how you feel. You should have left and stayed gone the first time you guys broke up.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• If he declined then he's innocent of doing anything wrong. If he were doing what he said he wouldnt' be doing...the "text sex" as you put it...then I would say he needs to go.
    Three strikes and your out....that's my motto.
    Anonymous

• You say he hasn't changed but he has if he turned this girl down. He may not yet be up to the standard he should be at but at least he is making an effort. He may have lied to you about the conversation because he thought you'd react badly. I think he handled it wrong, he should have told you about it when he got the first text and showed you that he turned her down and told her he was in a relationship and had a family, but since you've already given him another chance and seemed to really want things to work than I think you owe it to your relationship to give it a little time. Now if he had arranged a date with this girl or flirted back and didn't tell her about you or your child than I'd leave asap.
    Anonymous

• take it a day at a time. yes he lied to you about it BUT he did turn the girl down, so just take it easy but be on the look out. also i agree with the person who said to "run over his phone." also maybe he needs to lay low with the phone until he can control himself more.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 1:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• the problem with taking the phone is that he uses it for work , so taking it would not be possible
    Anonymous

• You say this has been going on since the beginning...well now you have a child, did you think it would stop? You went into a relationship with open eyes...how I see it, you've been with him long enough to have the respect of being his woman and the mother to his child. Women should've stopped text messaging (dating wise) him long time ago and vice versa but thats only if he respected the relationship with you to stop it...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I would leave anyway. Leases can be broken. It would be an expensive lesson but one you won't forget.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It sounds like he has had more than enough time and chances, but the behavior still continues. If it were me I would contact the landlord and see if I could break the lease and then move. If you don't want to move, then talk to the landlord about having him removed from the lease.
    Anonymous