If you have a child with someone you're no longer with...

do you think you will always think about that person every single day... do you think you will always love that person in some way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I have a child with my ex husband. Our son is now 10 years old. We seperated when our son was about 4.In the beginning, I thought I would think about it every day. I thought I would never get over him...no matter all the stupid bull he had put me through. But over time the feelings faded, the thoughts were less. Now, I have moved completeley on with my life and am so much happier for it. I will always love him for the son that he gave me...but it doesnt go beyond that.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Nope. I hardly ever think about my ex, unless he pisses me off about something. And I definitely don't love him, in any way at all!

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I have a totally different relationship with my ex today. Its been 7 yrs and a lot has changed. He still wants to get back together someday, but after everything we have gone through, there is no way I would go back, ever
    Anonymous

• Absolutely not. I don't think about him (not good thoughts anyway lol) and I have absolutely NO love for him at all... We were together for 2 yrs before I found out I was pregnant, as soon as he found out he left and told me "It was my stupid fault the relationship ended b/c I should have gotten an abortion" he didnt want kids... Well any man that could tell me he wished my child was dead isnt worth spitting on if he was on fire!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Nope, only if you're still in love and wanting the relationship. But if you know in your heart that its over, the moment you walk out the relationship, the thinking of them leaves.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• No. I used to think I would care in some way because he gave me two amazing children but I don't give a shit about him. We were married for only 3 years but it was still the longest relationship I had ever been in and he was the first man I ever loved so I thought a part of me always would but he could disappear today, never to be heard from again, and I'd be fine with it. He isn't much of a father and towards the end he was a shitty husband. I wish he would just take off and never come around again.
    Anonymous

• I don't really think about him, but I still see him practically every day. We have a 20-month-old and he comes to visit her almost every day. We take her to the park and swimming together. Our focus is raising her together. The stuff between us is secondary. I think I will always love him on some level for being part of my daughter's life. But then, I work full time and have a toddler...I don't think about anyone in a romantic way. I'm too tired.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I do not think about him daily. I care about his well being since he is my daughter's father and she loves him. But no, I do not love him. But then I did not ever actually love him. I just thought i did because I was a foolish teenager.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 2:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i never think about him, and if i do it's because some screwed up thing reminded me of him (he was an asshole)...i do NOT love him in any way
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 2:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2010