How many hrs a day do your children play outside?

Do u always supervise or do they play on their own?

renniemom3

Asked by renniemom3 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depends on the weather. If it's too hot to play outside, we'll at least go to the pool for 2 hours in the evening, or go somewhere they can walk/run it off - a mall or something.

Anonymous

• 6/7 SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES, QUICK POTTY TIME FOR ME, BUT NOTHING MORE.

11/14 AROUND THE FRONT OF MY HOME. ALL PARENTS SUPERVISE, PEEK OUT CHECK WITH THE KIDS.

AS LONG AS THE LIKE BUT THE WEEK DAY-8:30 FOR THE LITTLE ONES AND 9PM FOR THE OLDER ONES.

SAME UNLESS WE ARE HAVING A BBQ.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My 7 year old is outside for hours everyday. I have a hard time getting my 5 year old out. She complains its too hot, its too cold, too wet, too dry, too buggy, etc. Its hilarious to hear her excuses sometimes. I make her play outside for at least one hour before she is allowed to watch TV or sit in the house.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Oh and they are at the age where most of the time they go out by themselves as I live in the country with only one neighbor and the rest is woods, fields, and cow pastures. If I am caught up on cleaning and school work I will go outside and play with them or read a book outside.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My children get about 2 hours a day, some times more. And I'm always outside with them, if I have to go in for anything they must come with me. They are 8 (autistic) and 2.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Mine are one and three. Obviously I have to supervise them at that age. We live in an apartment so I have to take them to the park. I take them for between one and five hours each day, depending on the weather and my chores. I'm guessing it's an average of two hours a day.

I plan to let them out to the neighborhood park when they are old enough according to the town laws (I think it's seven with an older sibling but I'm crossing my fingers I can find a neighbor kid...).
    MamaZoya

Answer by MamaZoya at 2:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Well my ds is still in school so now its the recess time and maybe an hour or two after school. Just depends on what we have going on that night. In the summer it varies, one day it might be 6 hours another day only an hour. Depends on the weather and his mood LOL!
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• In the summer, as long as it isn't super hot or raining, they are outside almost all day long. I tell them not to come back until lunch/dinner or the street lights come on. They are 7, 8 and almost 10 and, no, I don't supervise them. I occasionally check and make sure they are okay but that's it. Usually the 4yo is out with them.
    They are swimming in the back yard right now. I check on them every 10 minutes or so. The 4yo is watching TV because it's too hot for me to sit out there (I'm 33 weeks pregnant and starting to swell up from the heat) and she can't go in the pool without an adult present.
    They are usually outside from around 11am until well after dark most days.
    In the winter they rarely go outside so they make up for it in the summer. They all lose at least 5lbs in the summer from all the running around they do.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• They're outside about an hour a day. When my 10 year old is playing with her friend from across they street, who is 9, they can be unsupervised. When the 5 year old is out, there must be a grown up also.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I have two little ones and two in their late teens. They are out in our pool most of the day. If my 19 yr old is not out there, I am! They have a play set and a sand box also, so we spend most of the summer out of doors. We love it. Skeeters are bad this year lol, so we are usually in by dusk unless in the water.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2010