How is this considered living off of the govt.?

My husband and father of my children passed away 21 months ago, he was killed in a car accident, that was caused by the other person -- who was a very high up person of the community ( employed by the city) , and was drinking and driving, I was also in the car accident, 8 month pregnant with our 2nd child ( coming home from 34 week check up), because of that accident I had my son that day - the day his daddy died.

Because of what happened and who done it, I was given basically a large sum of money ( and also a good bit every month), basically I think I was payed to "keep quite" the person lost their job and I have come to peace with what has happened.

Now I recently started dating a man ( nothing serious, we have just went on 3 dates and we talk online/ on phone alot) He has a female friend who obviosuly doesnt like and is now told me she doesnt respect me and cant stand me because * continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's not, she's an idiot. I hope you sued the pants off the guy.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I am living off of the government and i should either get a job or lose my kids ( she also posted this ( with my name) on facebook, and tells it to everyone who has ears.

I do not believe I am living off of the government, I am not on food stamps, or the medical card, or anything like that, the only money I am given is what the city gave me and what we get every month ( which is spent on the kids) is what they get since their dad passed away. I have alot of money saved for the kids in their accounts for when they are adults to spend on schooling and to buy a house or whatever they chose to do.... after they go to school, I will start a career but right now I am staying home so I can raise them, we have enough money to do that and it isnt like I am out spending 1000s of dollars a day or buying expensive things...

Now tell me if she is just being bitter, or do you feel that way too?
    Anonymous

• Well, your question's not done, but a settlement is not living off the gov't.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Who cares what she thinks!? How did she find out about it? That should be kept to yourself. Don't make it someone else's business!
    Anonymous

• She's jealous of something or maybe she wants the guy UR seeing. U are not living off the government. Her opinion means nothing to anyone and until she lives a day in UR shoes, she needs to shut the heck up and mind her biz. I'm sure she couldn't even FATHOM what you've been thru. She's just being selfish and wants what she wants and doesn't care who gets hurt.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 1:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• She is bitter and obviously jealous, it sounds like she has a thing for the guy you're dating but hasn't gotten past the friend phase. You are not living off the government. It's very common to get a settlement after a car accident, especially if someone (such as a spouse or child) dies in the accident and if the accident was caused by the other driver.
    Anonymous

• That is not living off the government. She sounds like a jealous drama starter that isn't too smart and doesnt have much of a clue.
    I am sorry for your loss, and you shouldn't have to deal with people like that woman. She's ignorant.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• She found out through the guy who I was.... but we live in a fairly small town and alot of people already knew what happened...

She also said that she doesnt believe that it was fair ( that the guy lost his job) ... she thinks he either should have lost his job and nothing else happened, or we get payed and he keeps his job...

I also do believe that she has a BIG thing for the guy, but I dont know, she has a group of friends who all seem to agree with her..... its just really hard to hear when someone says those types of things and WANTS you ( me) and everyone else to know it.
    Anonymous

• WTF? This woman is delusional, the guy KILLED SOMEONE! He should probably be in jail!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I agree...he should be in jail....losing his job was NOT punishment enough. Oh and she is making herself look like a total ass if she is saying that all over facebook. What a witch.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2010