Work or Stay Home

My husband is to the point in his career where he makes enough money for me to stay home. I am still currently working fulltime because our daughter is 3 so I feel she needs to be in daycare/preschool at this age. Since we only have 1 I don't see it being beneficial for me to quit my job now and stay home since I would still send her to school fulltime.

We are thinking of trying for our 2nd next year and he is saying after I have that baby I can quit my job if I want...I just don't know. I would love to stay home for the first year, but then what? I have never not contributed financially to the household, I'm not sure how I would adjust to something like that?? I feel like I have worked so hard to get here and I would like to come back after a year, but I don't think that's possible.

For moms that stay home, is it hard to get back into the workforce after you have left? Did you go back to doing your previous job

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• In this economy, it's really hard. I haven't had funding for my job in over a year. It depends what you do. I think it's important to have a family member (could be grandma, could be dad, could be mom) with baby for the first year whenever possible, but it's also important for the baby to be in a happy family where people are comfortable with their roles. So if you don't want to be a SAHM, you could always ask for an extended maternity leave (say, six months) and then hire a nanny for the following 18 months. Nannies are actually not that expensive compared to daycare for babies.

It's a tough choice. Good luck!
    MamaZoya

Answer by MamaZoya at 2:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I firmly believe there should be a stay at home parent! If that is possible, you should def. go for it! Youre child needs the stability of a parent, not a provider! Daycare is not the answer! This is just my OP, but children need stability, good luck with your choice!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2010