How to get rid of flies?

I have flies everywhere in my house. Its driving me crazy. How do i get rid of them with out using bug spray. I have been using a flies swat all morning and they are still everywhere.

robinalbright

Asked by robinalbright at 1:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Take out the trash, wash the trash can. Make sure if you have a disposal that it is cleaned out. Find the source and scrub it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• when it started getting hot i opened the windows and sliding door. i had alot of flies come in so i started going around the house find the source. i had holes in my screens. so i taped from the outside and inside and did that to the 4 that had holes. then after that i still had flies figured out that my sliding door was letting the flies in on the bottom. taped it shut. maybe u have holes in ur screens or something. they could also come in doggie doors and regular doors. i just swatted the ones that came in my ds is 3 and he had a swatter as did i and dd who is 19 months. we made a game of hunting the flies if one of them hit a fliy mommy picked it up and washed their swatter.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 7:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Nah, quick fix here. Get a bottle of Skin So Soft by Avon, and a big garden sprayer spray bottle. Put about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of SsS in the bottom, top with water to dilute. Make sure you shake, shake, shake the bottle to mix the contents. Mist outside your house, around doors, windows, and any other seals, and it'll deter them. You might have to spray every few days for a while, but it doesn't wash away with the rain because it's oily.

As for the ones that are in your house, spray them directly with the SsS. They won't be able to move. Even if you catch them mid-air, they'll eventually have to land because their wings are so heavy with the oil. It doesn't stink too bad, so you'll only have the smell for a couple hours, but you'll be able to go along the house and swat and not worry about them buzzing you. I use my vaccuum after the SsS inside and just sweep 'em up. We had them BAD in Montana. BAAAAD.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• going to try the skin so soft! Thanks
    supplysgtswife

Answer by supplysgtswife at 4:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010