when you get to have a planned c-section how close to the due date are you allowed to pick can you go a week early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think 39 wks.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My doctor let me plan ours at 38 weeks. he said so there wont be no risk of me going into labor around 39. I think some might let you do it at 37, cause the baby is full term but you just have to talk to them.
    Anonymous

• I believe it is at 38 weeks. My doctor and I planned mine for the due date but she would have let me do it earlier had I asked her to.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• 1 week.

I wish I didn't have to plan it-I wanted natural with all my kids, when I did.

Good luck~
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I had my planned c-section at 38 wks.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 2:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• im so excited i get to plan my c-section with my 1st i was miserable and was 41 weeks and end up having a c-section :(
    but so happy i know now i will not have to go over again
    Anonymous

• i think they will want you to stay as close to full term as possible. your baby needs all the time it can get inside your body. i had a c section at 38 weeks, but i went into labor and could not have here vaginaly. so it ended up in an emergency c section. then i got really sick with an infection and had to stay in the hospital for another week. it sucked. i wish i would have had her vaginaly. good luck.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 2:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• With my 2nd his due date was Sept 13 and we scheduled the c-section for Sept 2 and a few weeks later my Doctor asked if we could change the date (as he was going on vacation) and we moved it to Aug. 27th. With my 3rd my due date was March 10th and I had the choice of March 2 or March 7 (those were his surgery days) and I chose march 2.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• That all depends on your dr and your previous history. My 2nd and 3rd babies were scheduled c-sections. I went into labor with my 1st at 37 weeks and she was a healthy 7 lb, 4 oz baby. So, my dr likes to schedule me at 10 days before my due date. She doesn't want to wait until the last minute with me because she is afraid I'll go into labor. She feels anything earlier than 10 days isn't in the baby's best interest. For moms that don't tend to have their babies early, she either lets them go into labor or schedules them 5 days before their due date. It just depends on the health of the mom.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• the hospital here won't allow voluntary inductions or csections scheduled before 39 weeks, so the drs have to abide by that time frame. But you can schedule it at exactly 39 weeks - mine is scheduled when I will be 39 weeks 1 day (because that's when the dr I like best from my practice will be on call)

Answer by missanc at 2:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2010