School is out!!!! Help!!!

I am not a creative person by any means... Can anyone give me craft ideas to keep these little munchkins happy and busy... I don't want them to be bored and I don't want them to watch alot of T.V. Thank you (btw I have 1 girl 10 yr and 2 boys 4 and 6yrs)

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not creative either. I went to Michael's and bought some of the craft kits - the ones that have peices for a few specific projects, with directions! They also had some Discovery channel kits that I bought. I fully intend to buy more of them through the summer - from a variety of stores so we have a variety of projects!
    Anonymous

• Craft stores, paper from home, crayons, glue, finger paint, computer printouts of activities-family magazine, planting veges are pretty simple.

Out doors is a very busy activity, blocks I could go on and on.

Walking, dancing!!! enjoy
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Libraries sometimes have story hour. also our library has a book club for summer. Kids get prizes for reading so many books.Sometimes the craft stores like Michaels have classes for kids during the summer. If you have a church, sometimes they have activities age appropriate for summer.
    Anonymous

• My kids are 5 and 4, we make board games. I cut out pieces, they draw and color the board and help with the gluesticks and tape. We also make up songs and listen to A LOT of music. Nick Jr. has a lot of games on their site, my 5 year old likes those. If you do a search for creative ideas to do at home with your kids you should be able to find some sites with good ideas. Good Luck. I already know my 5 year old is going to drive me nuts when school is over - her last day is June 23rd.
    Anonymous

• Familyfun.com has tons of craft ideas. Michaels usually has craft kits and items for $! (The markers in some of those kits are the pits but hey for a buck you can supply your own at home), Does your area have a parents magazine? Our area does (it's free and can be found in bookstores, libraries, and other places). They usually list activities going on around town that are free or they mention the cost so you know what to expect. Have the kids help wash the car. Buy a pack of sidewalk chalk and let them go crazy on the drive way. Have a picnic in the park (or back yard or living room). The library usually has a summer reading program. Cut circles out of construction paper and make worms to signify books you've read during the summer. I have more ideas but have to go for now. Good luck!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010