Does your toddler act insane when it's time to eat?

My DD is 15 mos. and she acts insane everytime she is strapped into her high chair to eat. She can sit there for about 2 mins. and then she starts throwing her food and trying to get away, even when I know for a fact that she is hungry. Anyone else have this problem? What do you do?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 1:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I let my DS watch TV while he eats. It relaxes him and he is an excellent eater. I know that others here will say "Oh My God!!", that it's terrible to let them watch TV while they eat but it works for me and he's a great kid so I say "whatever makes them eat!". Also it may sound wierd but make sure her diaper is not too tight when she sits to eat. She may be uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

• Try feeding her sooner - she's probalby too hungry and rather than stuff it in she has a cow - like some kids will fight sleep harder the more tired they are.
    Anonymous