How do I get my one year old to stay asleep again?

My son will be a year old June 25th. He has recently developed a crappy sleeping pattern. He goes to sleep at about 8:30-9pm, but wakes back up at midnight or so, then won't go to sleep til 2 or later. This is not some thing he has always done. I try to hold him, rock him, pat him, bounce him, etc. He wants out of his bed, but he tries to get away from me when I try to hold him. I put him on the floor, and he screams. He's doing the whole throw himself backward while I'm holding him, too. He's still teething of course, and I have given him Tylenol on occasion, and teething gel. I make sure he's not too hot, & has a dry diaper. This is my third child, you'd think I'd have this down by down. LOL. I blame the 7 year age gap between my middle and youngest boys. What do you suggest to get him back to his good sleeping pattern?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe make him stay awake an hour or two so he can be really worn out and stay asleep.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Does he have an ear infection? That's always the first sign for my kids, is waking up at night. they wno't have any other symptoms for a week.
    Anonymous

• No ear infection that I'm aware of. He hasn't pulled on his ears or been cranky any other time of day. Perfectly happy baby.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2010