how do u clean ur carpet?

Besides vaccuming,how do u clean ur carpet?have u ever tried the steamer service?do u use any products?

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• well, I begin with a douche.....lol
    Anonymous

• My husband and I own a carpet cleaning business, we use a low moisture method of cleaning. Steam cleaning companies SOAK your carpets, the pads and even the floors underneath.....

But for stains we use a commercial grade stain remover called FOLEX....you can find it at Home Depot or at www.folex.org
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I use my Bissel carpet cleaner.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 6:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Hire a reputable professional who uses truckmounted hot water extraction. It's the only method capable of properly restoring the carpet and removing embedded soiling. It's also the method recommended by all of the major carpet manufacturers. Try asking your neighbors for a referral or check a local website for companies that have been rated and reviewed by consumers.
    Anonymous

• I've used stanley steemer when I haven't used my bissle green machine. We also have a mini green machine to do our couches/cars.
    A GREAT spot remover is dry dish detergent mixed with hot water...it will get anything out!
    Anonymous

• Lke I said...these HWE cleaners soak your carpets promoting mold and mildew.....the only reason manufacturers recommend it is because they have ANTIQUATED ways of thinking and don't even bother trying other methods.

We've had HUNDREDS of customers complain that Stanley Steemer charged them way too much, carpets took days to dry and two weeks later stains and dinge was right back (right after stanleys warantee expires)! We recently had a $300 job, nodiscount, charged her the full rate, and as always included deodorizer and a dirt repellent...Stanley quoted her $550 for the same job. We also tell customers that aren' sure about our method that if they choose a HWE cmpetitor we will come and do an area of their carpet FREE and show them what they missed, then give a discount. We do this because encapsulation cleans better and lasts indefinately.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Mom2Jack, I am so tired of you spreading misinformation. Encapsulation is perfect for an office setting, not residential homes. I already advised you once to actually get some professional education. I have been in this business for over 13 years and have multiple certifications by the IICRC. My family owns and operates a highly successful carpet, upholstery, fine area rug, and drapery cleaning company. We stay booked out 2-3 weeks at all times of the year and operate approximately 90% of our business on repeat clientele and their referrals. Please tell me how it is that you think we do that if we are "soaking" people down and molding their carpets? Our clients carpets average drying time is about 4 hours. The only time HWE is "ruining" carpets is when some idiot who doesn't know what he's doing messes it up, but you know what? ANY time an idiot is cleaning your carpet, he can mess it up no matter what method he's using.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• So again, Mom2jack, I BEG you to get some training and education before you continue spouting off with false claims. It really does make you look amateur, which I can clearly tell that you are.

OP, I did not mean to hijack your post but felt it was important that you receive the correct information if you are considering hiring a professional company. This other answerer honestly does not realize how completely uneducated in this field that she is. I hope everything works out for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2010