Are you smart?

I feel like since becoming a mom, I am getting dumb. I was so smart in high school. MAde the top 10 of my class of over 600. I didn't go to college because I knew I would have to work but after having my two kids, I just feel so stupid. Like, I want to say smart things and appear to really know what I'm talking about, but sometimes, I just sound like a child ! lol. How do you re-learn to talk smart and just to be smart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I keep my mouth shut and appear to be smart!
    Anonymous

• I'm sure that you're still smart...you may just be out of the loop. Maybe just watch the news more? Open up the dictionary every day and learn a new word.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• How do you re-learn to talk smart and just to be smart?

Hit the books and do study courses on line.  It's like riding a bike again it will all come back to you.  =]

Anonymous

• Take and IQ test that should give you a pretty good Idea of how smart you are. When I take one, it tells me I'm above average, but if you looked at my very average grades in school you may not think so. I don't do well on multiple choice tests, but I'm very creative and intelligent. Don't ever sell yourself short and say you are getting "dumber". That's ridiculous! You can apply for FAFSA at a state university and get full Grants that will pay for everything. You can even attend online. That's what I've done. As far as the way you talk, it may be helpful to practice writing and have others proof your papers. This helps a lot with vocabulary and correct English. You ARE smart though, you just need to believe in yourself.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Read! Not just anything, but things of interest or a good "classic" novel! Read newspapers and news articles from good, valid, news sources. No ET or Access Hollywood, or Yahoo News. Not that there is anything wrong with them nor is there anything wrong with "watching" the news, but reading new articles and really good opinion pieces can help a person forming their own opinions on various subjects. Just so we are clear Yahoo News has facts but they are little bait bites of some the latest news stories. Little bait bites in my opinion don't really help the mind grow or help a person to "think". I'm just saying a person would have to dig deeper when reading about topics of interest, including current events. You need to read more then just bait bites that many of the web and TV news sources provide. Find a topic your interested in and read more about it--read things, boos, articles, opinions that will make you think!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• books, articles and opinions. NOT boos! LOL sorry for the typo Sometimes 940 characters is not enough!!! LOL
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I was the same way. My theory is when adults spend all their time socializing with children and other moms (especially since we're all constantly on Mom-talk, it seems), we forget how to form a coherent thought that isn't about children. I know I did - and sometimes I am STILL that way. I started going to college but if people start talking about subjects I have little or no interest in, I'll give 'em 'Mom Ear' and fade out, not listening. AND if all else fails, I'll just smile and nod. lol!
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• You have to start talking to grown ups again. I've always been proud of being smart. I did go to college and grad school. I got awesome grades. I love learning. I hate that my focus is on who did or did not go potty and what time Spongebob is on.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2010