festival goers...if you've brought along LO while they are potty training?...

there is a 2 day festival going on later this month and I'm tempted to go. My son is on week 3 of potty training so it's still new to him. I would probably take his potty chair along with us but i do have some questions...like when he goes where would I empty the contents and with limited water how would I rinse it out? He hasnt spent time away from home since he was 6 months old so I am also a bit nervous about that. how did your LO do? did the crowds/music keep LO one up? I asked one of the organizers if it will be a kid-friendly event.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All I can suggest is take an extra jug of water to rinse the potty with, also maybe take a small radio to give some white noise or music he is use to to drown out any noise from outside. My LO's have never had an issue with the noise, but you never know, also be ready to leave early if need be.
    Anonymous

• I would make sure to bring a stroller because he will get tired out. As for the potty training, I would have him wear a pull up and try to get to the bathroom if he says he has to go. But not worry too much about it if he doesn't make it. I personally would not bring the potty chair because I would not want to deal with the mess of it and the lugging it everywhere.
    I have seen inflatable potty chairs that you line with a plastic bag and just pull out the bag and dispose of that.
    For the noise and crowd, take cues from your LO, if he is feeling uncomfortable, he will let you know. Stay far away from the speakers, I am sure you know that already :)
    The stroller will be helpful in giving him some space away from the crowds. If you bring a large light weight blanket, you can use it as a cover for the stroller to give him some privacy if he needs it.
    Have FUN and don't forget the sunscreen :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• thanks ladies! i'm not sure how big the crowd will be but I definately plan to camp out in a mellow/quiet area if there will be any lol. I've been wanting to get those travel potty chairs, either the infatable one or the other one (forgot the name) you can fold into a potty ring or fold out into a chair and use disposable bags. such a neat idea and great for those who either don't like toilets or arent ready. I definately plan to bring the stroller or might just bring his wagon (I cant fit both in my car)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2010