MY doctor rescheduled me again????

So it has been four weeks since i seen my obgyn. Im four months pregnant , and the girl had scheduled us late the first time because she said the doctor would be on vacation for a week, so I waited. My appointment was to be on the 2 of june, and they called me a day before and said he will be unavailable the day of my appointment and next week since he will be on vacation then, so now I have to wait till the 21st so it will be eight weeks until I see my doctor. That is two months, and I have questions and everything Im so frusterated anyone else have to deal with stuff like this with their doctors when they were pregnant??

ashleydjgc

Asked by ashleydjgc at 2:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (-35 Credits)
  • I would expect that someone should have been covering, picking up for the doctor while he was away...

I can't imagine a provider leaving *ever* during my pregnancy!
    The point is to be available-- but I have "high" expectations, I am spoiled from Midwifery care, lol!

You can switch to another provider for better care... I SURE WOULD!!

good luck~
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Time to find another doctor!
    Anonymous

• While it isn't too terribly important to see the doctor at exactly every four weeks at this point I would be concerned about the lack of respect you seem to be recieving from your HCP.

I would highly suggest to switch to a midwife or find a different doctor. Interview a few first and ask the office staff questions over the phone such as "How often does the doctor cancel appointments?" "What is your wait time to see a doctor?" "When an appointment does need to be rescheduled...what is the typical amount of days between when the appointment was supposed to be and the new appointment time?"

If you are frustrated now just think about how frustrated you will be during labor.

Find a new HCP.
    Anonymous

• I think I would be annoyed by the fact that between 4 and 6 months you are supposed to have a diagnostic ultra sound and find out the sex of your baby. You'll probably be close to 7 months along before you find out at this rate because if you don't go back until your close to 6 months and then they have to schedule the u/s it could be a while.
    Anonymous

• No - my dr is one of several drs and a midwife in the practice. There's never been an occasion where she couldn't see me, but if she couldn't, I feel certain one of the others would. And having to wait that long to get an appointment seems excessive!

Answer by missanc at 2:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• time to find a new ob. My ob repsond quickly if I have questions. I can't deal with someone who keep rescheduling me, been pregnant is already stressful enough
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• "I can't imagine a provider leaving *ever* during my pregnancy!
    The point is to be available-- but I have "high" expectations, I am spoiled from Midwifery care, lol!"

Me too!! My Midwife worked ALONE and I never had to wait to see her! Definitely find a new Ob or Midwife!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• you need a new doctor... I would be so upset. and what if something is worng with the baby(god forbid) they wouldnt find out till too late
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 5:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It is not unusual for the doctor not to see you before 12 weeks of pregnancy. If you have questions, see another doc or leave them with a nurse and they will call you back.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I would find another doctor (or better yet, a midwife)... it sounds like the doctor cares more about his vacation schedule than his patients! Also, if the doctor goes on vacation that much, what are the chances he'll be out of town when you deliver? Then you'll get an on-call doc, and who knows if you'll even like that person- and they will deliver your baby!
    Get someone more reliable.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 7:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2010