MY doctor rescheduled me again????

So it has been four weeks since i seen my obgyn. Im four months pregnant , and the girl had scheduled us late the first time because she said the doctor would be on vacation for a week, so I waited. My appointment was to be on the 2 of june, and they called me a day before and said he will be unavailable the day of my appointment and next week since he will be on vacation then, so now I have to wait till the 21st so it will be eight weeks until I see my doctor. That is two months, and I have questions and everything Im so frusterated anyone else have to deal with stuff like this with their doctors when they were pregnant??

ashleydjgc

Asked by ashleydjgc at 2:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Health

Level 2 (-35 Credits)
  • never they would reshedule me the same day with a different doctor, i would switch thats really unproffesional...and it seems like he goes on vacation alot whos going to deliver your baby if hes on one of his many getaways!?
    Anonymous

• Ask if you can see a midwife instead. That is one thing really good about my drs office. They have 4 docs and 4 midwives!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• That's too many reschedules. Find a different doctor.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Time to find another doctor. That's ridiculous!!!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• New doctor. There is no reason for that at all.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 4:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Find a midwife! If he can't keep up with his practise, then he is probably under pressure to schedule c-sections and induce to manage HIS schedule and YOU don't need that. The c-section rate is too high to mess around with anybody who doesn't get it. And this one doesn't get it!

If you want to be an OB/Gyn you have to be flexible with your time. If you want to schedule vacations every 3 weeks be an orthodontist!  When was the last time an orthodontist had an emergency that dragged him out of bed! 

BTW I love my kid's ortho, and even when we had an emergency we didn't have to drag him out of bed, but hey, he gave us his cell number in case anything further came up and called the house the next day.  I wish all my medical professionals were as good as our general dentist, our orthodontist and our oral surgeon.

Anonymous

• Switch, plain and simple. You are just a number to him. Try researching a midwife, they tend to be more personal, especially if you choose a free-standing birth center or a homebirth. Even if you are not interested in a midwife, you should not bend over backwards just to receive prenatal care. At bare minimum, find a different doctor. You may not know that you can also choose a family doctor instead of an OB as well.
    squish

Answer by squish at 6:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2010