What do you think about 'Squatters'?

People who are homeless are moving into homes that are in foreclosure and vacant.

Do you think that's ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• omfreakinggoodnessgracious...I can not believe some of you justify this! Thats just fantastic......no need to work for anything just STEAL it from someone else. No need to get things LEGALLY you can just TAKE from someone else! I am SO sorry that these people have fallen on hard times. There are MANY MANY MANY programs IN PLACE for those in NEEEEEEEED. There are shelters (yes they suck sometimes but its BETTER than the street...yalls argument)!! This is SOMEONES personal property and YOU dont know WHY they havent been there....HERE'S a THOUGHT...maybe THEY fell on some hard times (see pp about the mom in a nursing home) and had to leave the home for a period of time. It's STILL theirs! No wonder this country is going to hell in a handbasket.......you people feel ENTITLED. sheesh.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• hey. sometimes you have to do what you have to do to survive
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• No,that is not ok
    Anonymous

• I agree with pp.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• The first pp. lol
    renniemom3

• Well, let's think about it. The homes are abandoned and these people are homeless. Why shouldn't they try to find a place to sleep? Can you even imagine sleeping outside in public? I'm sure it's horrible. It has always troubled me that big buildings go completely empty at night (offices, dept. stores, churches, foreclosed houses, etc) while there are people suffering out in the elements who would like a nice place to sleep.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• They are homeless for a reason. Most through their own fault. What they should do is get a job and have their OWN place to live. I think there's a difference between helping them and just handing out free stuff-which doesn't help them at all.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• would you rather them be sleeping on the sidewalk in your town? Curled up on a park bench?

Sometimes good people fall on hard times, sometimes people don't have a choice but to do what it takes to survive.

I feel for them. I have almost been there myself. People should really stop judging people, they don't know.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I agree with anon. I don't agree with it at all.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Nope. It's not your property, period.

It's trespassing, and most likely breaking and entering. I've seen houses that have had squatters in them, and in every case I've seen the squatters trashed the place, so it's also vandalism.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2010