Why is it okay for ppl with "little"dogs like: Chihuahuas or Weiners and what not to purse they're dogs into Wal-Mart? It's not that I dont like them but I want to take my 110 pound lab in too!!!

I know ppl are allowed service dogs but these are purse buddies of teenagers mostly! And Wal-Mart employees/managers never say anything. They sure would say something if I brought my baby in!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 3:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hear ya. I have a boxer and he likes to go everywhere with us. He's probably better trained (potty) than those little dogs too
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Hey if you can conceal your 110 pound lab in your purse, you could also!!!!!!

Answer by older at 3:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• If a purse dog goes poo, it's in your purse, not in the store.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• LOL..I'm picturing your big ol dog in a purse..hehe :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I know he would be cute in a big'ol purse! but ya a little heavy! and ya mine is 200% potty trained. and i am just thinking along the lines of its store policy (usually set in place by health inspectors -i assume for food sanitation reasons) oh and by the way for anyone wanting an example of my 110 pound lab i have a pic of him on my page! (he's in 2 pics and he's a yellow lab) And as far as it goes if i did somehow manage to get him in a hauling bag /purse of some type they would still tel me to take him out im sure! hhhummmmm? maybe i should go try it lol
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 3:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Well the managers and employees should say something. I like knowing that shopping is one place I don't have to worry about stupid dogs. I don't like them. My kids are allergic to them. I don't care if it's a chihuahua or a St. Bernard. I don't want them in the stores.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• There are a bunch of places I used to take my lab/dane mix to. Inside. I knew many of the shop owners so it wasn't a big deal. Some little towns have a culture of dogs going into public places. But Walmart, nope.

Like one of the PPs said, allergies and such. Big corporate stores must adhere to health and safety policies. But a little family owned hardware store with 3 people in it, not a big deal.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• because they can, these teens don't care about the rules..they know they can slip their little dogs in unnoticed and if they are noticed as you stated nobody will do anything about it. .. the employees don't say anything cause it is not likely the purse dogs will jump out and run all over the store chasing or biting people.. but if you think you can find a BIG pull behind suit case to haul your 110 lb lab in and think you can get away with taking him in the store unnoticed. then go for it. I don't think you'll get very far but hey you never know LOL if you still  bothers you that much that you can't take your pooch in the store.you can always put a harness on him, and slap on some dark glasses and pretend to be Stevie Wonder.. how's your singing voice? ok ready set practice .. " I just called to say I love you.. i just called to say how much I care.. and I mean it from the bottom of my heart......

Anonymous

• I find it distasteful, too.
    I used to be a cashier in Kmart and I was told by the store manager that it was okay so long as the dog was not walking around (people would place them in the seats of the shopping carts).
    Well, one day I saw one of the customer service ladies on her hands and knees cleaning up the floor by the jewelry counter and asked what was spilled. She said one of the little dogs had to poop so the owner let it down to poop and the dog tracked it across the floor after it stepped in it before the owner put it back in the shopping cart seat.
    The store manager STILL wouldn't let us tell customers of little dogs that they weren't allowed. I thought this was bullcrap!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2010