any tips on getting pregnant?

i have been trying to get pregnant for over 8 years now. don't have the money for infertility treatments. i don't ovulate regularly. and when i do happen to get pregnant, i lose it by 12 weeks. any tips or ideas on what to try? I am currently taking clomid to help me ovulate.

dastephan6

Asked by dastephan6 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you checked out Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Wechsler? BEST book n the subject.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Have sex . I dunno I don't know any of the tricks. A lady on CM said her good luck was putting a pacifier in her mouth while she and DH had sex. It's worth a try. LOL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• And have you talked to your doctor about being tested to find out if there is a REASON you are having a hard time getting/staying pregnant?
    Anonymous

• other than not ovulating, they couldn't find a reason with me or my husband.
    dastephan6

Answer by dastephan6 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• If you are having miscarriages, you need to have a doctor check your hormone levels. nothing that we can suggest will help you if your levels are not staying consistant. Sorry.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I have no experience with this but last week spoke to another Mom who is very bright and had a terrible time getting pregnant. She researched and found she was allergic to pregnancy. The cure was blood thinners. Once she got pregnant she took them (aspirin) and had two kids back to back, no issue but took the blood thinners thru both prenancies....She too miscarried. IDK like I said but maybe?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• What helped me is not focusing so much on getting pregnant but enjoying sex. I found that when I was wrapped up in when I was ovulating or fertile, it was very stressful... but when I finally let go thats when it happened. So just have fun:) And you will be fine;)
    Anonymous

• We too are TTC and it isnt working for us either. The last thing for me to try is to lose weight so monday morning its back to the gym and lots of salads!!!!! I know sooooooo many women who lose even 10 pounds and then they are pregnant!
    Anonymous