BREAKING NEWS: Criminal Investigation into BP spill

Breaking News: U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder says he has launched a criminal investigation into the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. - http://bit.ly/bPOmfm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Implicating WHO exactly?
    Anonymous

• Good! They have made the big bucks forever. If they can haul it, they need to know how to clean it up. I would have no problem with BP being shut down until this whole thing is cleaned up. Every drop!
    Anonymous

• Instead of criminally charging anyone what about working together to fix the problem.
    Anonymous

• I would have no problem with BP being shut down until this whole thing is cleaned up. Every drop!

The government won't do this. Why? Because the need BP's technology.
    Anonymous

• they*
    Anonymous

• The article that I read said that Holder isn't saying who is being probed.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• They also need BP's lobby money and campaign contributions. LOL.

Anonymous

• I heard this morning, that the govt wants to step in and TAKE OVER BP!!!! I looked and looked for an article, something in print to verify, but couldn't find anything. THAT worries me, a lot. First because our gov't has NO CLUE what they are doing, and secondly, BP is a foreign-owned company! I'm sure that would go over sooo well with the UK....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Just curious...are the criminal charges going to be against those in this administration that FAILED to do the required safety checks?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday that the Justice Department has launched a criminal investigation into the massive oil spill spreading through the Gulf of Mexico.

Holder said the investigation would be comprehensive and aggressive. He promised that the federal officials will prosecute anyone who broke the law.

In May, a group of senators -- including Environment and Public Works Committee Chair Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-California -- sent Holder a letter expressing concerns "about the truthfulness and accuracy of statements submitted by BP to the government in its initial exploration plan for the site," and asking Holder to investigate possible criminal and civil wrongdoing.
    Anonymous