Why people cheat?

I read in a question earlier about cheating where someone wrote :"I didn't mean to it just happened" I don't understand that statement at all!! It's called will power. You say no, you leave, you don't put yourself in that situation. If someone other than my boyfriend started kissing me I'd stop it immediately, the only person i want touching or kissing me is him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Cheaters have no self worth. They keep trying to get sexual attention from others cuz that's all they think they are good for in this world. sad. They live a lie. They blame their partners cuz they can't face how much they dislike themselves. They flirt and pretend to be confident but it is a trap.
    Anonymous

• I don't get it either..... I feel the same way! I would prolly pull my shotgun on a guy who didn't listen to no. But hey I'm redneck as hell so whatever! Hey I think we would get along great though Anon ! LOL
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 4:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• beacuse they do not give a shit who they hurt or care about what it does to the family
    Anonymous

• OP: I agree with the shot gun comment! If I said no and someone didn't listen they'd have hell to pay, and you can bet I'd be objecting. No one can do it like my BF! I was with my ex for almost 4 years and for over a year and wanted to leave him and I never once cheated. The day after we broke up I hooked up with a good friend, but I didn't put myself in that position before then.
    Anonymous

• It is different for everyone. You cannot make this black and white. For some they get drunk and lose their inhabitions, maybe something is wrong at home and it does just happen. I am not excusing it at all. You always have a point where you make the choice to cheat, but for some it is not just because they are scum, or have no self worth, or whatever you guys need to believe.
    DH cheated once. He was drunk and we were having issues in our marriage. It was not excusable, and it did take a long time to get past that, but he did Love me and our family, and the morning after when he showed up at my Mom's (I was staying there) I could see the regret and self discust in his eyes. So stop trying to put everyone into a generalized bubble, and realize that not everyone is the same, not every situation is the same.
    Anonymous

• OP: being drunk is the worst excuse EVER! I guess I'll just never understand it...
    Anonymous

• exactly! I used to judge ppl who cheated as well but u NEVER kno wats goin on in a person's life. Im in a position where im emotionally cheating bc my SO wont hav sex with me, doesnt wanna go anywhere or do anything with me n always complains about being "tired" or "full" (n he's been unemployed for 2 years). There's no excuse for his behavior n while I dnt plan on meeting the guy i talk to online he makes me feel special just by how he talks to me. n i've been completly honest with him about my situation n he doesnt push me he's just a listening ear. there r many different levels to cheating
    Anonymous

• OP: But why not leave? If you're not happy why stay knowing that you can't meet anyone else?
    Anonymous

• they are selfish, disgusting pieces of crap who have NO guts & make an excuse to justify their behaviors. the whole "woe is me we never have sex" crap or the "i was drunk " crap. its all stupid excuses that they can't keep it in the pants
    Anonymous

• i used to judge also..But then I ended up cheating,I dont know how it happened,why it happened.We were happy and ARE still happy.IT just happened.It doesnt bother me that my hubby is attracted to other women..it doesn't bother him that im attracted to other men.We ARE 100 percent in lobe BTW. You cant really speak for EVERY relationship and you really shouldn't ;)
    Anonymous