Anyone ever pan fry tuna cakes (from the can) like salmon cakes? What should I add to them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• There is a recipe for them on kraft.com. It is really good. They don't taste really "fishy" and my whole family loves them. You make them with chicken stuffing. If you can't find the recipe on kraft, I'd be happy to send it to you.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I make mine with 4 cans of tuna, 2 eggs, & 1/2 -1 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Mix it all up and fry the patties till brown on both sides. My family loves them with my homemade mac & cheese.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I use 2 cans tuna, drained; 2 eggs; 1 pkg saltines, crushed; about 1 to 2 tsp. dry minced onion; 2 to 3 pinches of dried dill weed. Make patties, fry in margarine or butter on both sides. We enjoy them with a homemade tartar sauce.

OR

2 cans tuna, drained; 2 eggs; 1/2 to 3/4 c. plain bread crumbs; bit of diced onion; 1 to 2 Tbsp. diced green bell pepper; 1/2 to 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning (be CAREFUL to use only as much as you like, it can be salty). Fry as above.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I make tuna patties too, but I cook them on my electric griddle. This way I don't have to fry them or use any oil. I just spray it with cooking spray and then throw the patties on. Yummy and super healthy!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i would try cilantro, lime and pepper
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I make 'em with 2 of the smaller cans of tuna or one big can, add a dollop of mayo, some breadcrumbs until the mix just sticks together and Old Bay seasoning to taste....pan fry until lightly browned on both sides.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2010