christians and bankruptcy.

do you think that as a christian with christain morals bacnkrupcy is okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• here we go again thinking Christians have more morals than everyone else
    Anonymous

• First off - What Christian doesn't have Christian morals?? And since when does filing for bankruptcy go against someones morals??? All these churches out there escape having to pay taxes, etc so I really don't think you'd be in too much trouble for filing bankruptcy...
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• that really doesn't make sense
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Umm, I don't even know where to begin on this one.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 5:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Atheist, Christian, Muslim, etc it doesn't matter. Bankruptcy is NEVER a "good" thing. Yes it happens and sometimes it really is NOT the persons fault, sometimes things that they have no control over happen. However, bankruptcy caused by your own stupidity is worst, regardless of your personal spiritual beliefs. We never got as far as bankruptcy, but our own stupidity was heading us there. Thankfully we became money smart and learned something before the hole became too deep. (Thank-you Dave Ramsey). We just made our last payment to for our credit card debt. It took us 2 years @ OVER $12,000 put we are credit card debt FREE! Now we are working on a loan and a car payment. Those should be done within the 6 months. After that our only debt should be the house. If you have to file, file, but learn from your mistakes and bad spending habits IF those are the cause of your filling! Not everyone that files has bad spending habits.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I think this is a good question. It touches on lying, cheating, and stealing. As an atheist, I think bankruptcy is wrong.
    Anonymous

• So lemme understand....what if its medical bankruptcy due to some health problem (cancer, no one plans for that)...and the filer is xtians? Morally wrong or neglectfully avoidable??? Yeah, not making heads nor tails of this? .
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I think that a serious illness that causes medical bills is the only time when it might be ok to declare bankruptcy, although when I had debt from medical bills, I sold everything I owned, including my house, and set up payments for my medical bills. It took several years, but I paid them in full and preserved my good credit.
    Anonymous

• POSTER HERE: as a christian we are called to pay our debts back thats what im talking about. we shouldnt be spending money that we do not have on things we do not need. my personally is medical so i feel it was not me being neglectful but a situation that happened thats giving me a hard time. i think if your spending money on things you do not need not paying is wicked and stealing from the lendor. i never said christians have more morals but we do have someone to answer to and we do have commands that we are to follow its not about whose better its is this something God wants and approves of.
    Anonymous

• Bankruptcy is morally wrong - doesn't matter what religion you are.
    Anonymous