my son just told me he's been hearing voices and he's also started to have a hard time at school and he's so afraid of being alone he wont even go in his room if his brother is not in it I'm really worried about him

how should i deal with this he told me that one time the voice told him to kill someone and also when we tell he is going to stay with someone when me and my hubby are going out as soon as we leave he starts crying hysterically till he makes himself throw up he has so many fears and i don't know how to help him by the way he's 7 how should i deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Does this happen everywhere he goes or just at home?
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Is the hearing voices all the time?

Answer by louise2 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I would suggest talking to a therapist or psychologist.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• well he said it happened in school and the park once but mostly at home and he also told me that he see a ghost in his room at night I'm really scared for him
    Anonymous

• To me this sound like kid stuff. He will grow out of.

Answer by louise2 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Have him evaluated by a child psychologist.
    My cousin heard voices too...anytime he would go into the bathroom. The voices told him to hurt his family. It got so bad that he would poop his pants before going into the bathroom.He ended up being diagnosed with bipolar and schixophrenia
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• *schizophrenia*
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• He says he sees a ghost? Maybe he has a gift. He is only 7 so a big problem might not be seen yet. Try and tell him to not be scared!!! If he feels scared alone in his room it is OK if he stays with you for now! Tell him the EVERY SINGLE time the voices say something to him to write it down RIGHT AWAY!! I think they "diagnose" children when it really is nothing. My SO started seeing ghosts when he was our DD's age(2 1/2) and sometimes still does. he has NEVER been diagnosed with anything!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• personally I would find a pyschologist/psychiatrist. I am sure your son's doctor can reccommend someone. Good luck!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It sounds to me like he may have a gift, or a sixth sense. I am pretty avid about all kinds of things in regards to paranormal if you have any questions I can help you out. I know quite a few mediums and a lot of paranormal investigators (the members of ghost lab to be included). There are many ways you can help make this easier for him and if you're interested in information regarding the paranormal and your son I'd be more than happy to help you out.
    tasase

Answer by tasase at 12:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2010