• In the Spotlight:

Intercourse

It still hurts A LOT to have intercourse after delivering my DD. She is now 3 and a half months. Why does it still hurt? What can I do? Anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are probably still dry. Get a good lube to help. After a baby, during forplay, you may get wet but will dry out during the actual act of sex. A lube will keep that from happening.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Did you have a episiotomy? Scar tissue from that can make sex painful.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 5:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• We do use lube. Doc told me to use Astoglide... still is very painful... yes I did have a episiotomy
    fenska87

Answer by fenska87 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Go get checked. It's possible you healed badly. Were you stitched up? Sometimes that can be an issue.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• yes was stitched up
    fenska87

Answer by fenska87 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• also something to think about, scar tissue does not stretch. where you were stitched will not allow for easy entry as much as it did before. I am 5 months pp and had a 3rd degree tear that still hurts when anything is inserted.
    Anonymous