San Angelo?

I was wondering if anyone here has ever been or is currently stationed in San Angelo Goodfellow AFB? My husband has the option of accepting a job there and I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it. I heard that base housing there is terrible and that I would be better off buying a house or renting. Is there any truth to this? And is there ne thing else you can tell me about it such as shopping, the people, climate, what there is to do, etc.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• I lived in San Angelo for a while. I have no idea about the base housing, but housing/apartment costs are pretty reasonable (at least they were when I lived there in the mid 90's). San Angelo has a college, so there is obviously some nightlife there (clubs, movie theatre, etc.) There is a small mall, Wal-Mart, K-mart, Dollar stores, grocery stores, mom & pop shops, etc. It's not a small town, but it's also not a big city. The park area is really pretty. There are area lakes and lots of fun places to visit withing driving distance. There are lots of great Mexican food restaurants, and a drive-through Chick-Fil-et. It's in Texas, so the summer is hot and the winter tends to be mild (snow and ice are pretty rare). The people are great.
    Anonymous