My neighbor called the cops on me !

I have a litter of 3 very small puppies ( 7 weeks old) ... they have a room that is basically just for them, and once a week I take everything out of it and clean it really good ( of course when they have accidents and stuff I clean it up then, but once a week I "deep clean" it).

Anyways I have a new neighbor of about 3 weeks, I havent talked to her or anything yet but she seems kind of snooty ( I have waved and said hello as passing her and she turns her head like she didnt see me) and also I wasnt to happy that almost EVERY night, until about 2am she will have alot of cars going in and out of the driveway.

So tonight as i was cleaning it, I put the puppies in a cage on the back deck, of course they whined for a little bit but fell asleep ( I can understnad that sound annoying someone if it was constant but they literally only whined for 2 or 3 minutes) .

Just as i finished the cops came to my door * continued below*

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 5:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pets

• and said the neighbor complained that I was abusing the puppies and that they were disturbing the peace ( what she told them) ... I was soo upset becasue this is the first time I have ever had the cops come to my house and it was over something like this...... I showed the "puppy room" and the puppies and told them exactly what happened and they said that they can tell that all of the dogs are being very well taken care of...and that they were not really going to take it seriously anyways because I am the 4th neighbor that the woman has "turned in" for doing something and all have been found "not guilty"

Has anyone else ever had something like this happen before or have to deal with silly neighbors ?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Where?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• omg wow. thats crazzy . i dont know what u should do if u say anything too her she might call cops again !! thats a tuff one
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 6:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yes I lived next to a woman who saw my son jumping in and out of the gutter she called the police and when they did nothing she called CPS who came out two or three times because of her the guy went up to her door and told her there were actual children being abused why did he have to come out for my child jumping from the sidewalk to the gutter and back on a dead end street. She did it four more times and the police told her they would file charges if she did not stop and she did.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I would not feel too bad. obviously you were not doing anything wrong, this lady just likes to cause trouble. And yes, I have known people like that. Better to just ignore them than to play in to their drama like they want. If you just ignore her it will be best. Talking to her or saying something to her about it will give her "reason" to cause more drama. Just let it go, know that you did nothing wrong and she's not a person worth even trying to talk to. I speak from experience lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Sorry your neighbor is crazy momma!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• yes i left my daughter with my 15 yr old son to get her birthday party stuff and i didn't want her to see them. as i was driving home i had my son call me saying that the lady from next door had found my daughter outside before he noticed she was gone and called the cops on us. ok granted i would of done the same had i not known whose child it was but she knew she was ours and she wouldn't hand her over. what set me off and got me upset was that she says to police is that my daughter is ALWAYS outside which is not true. if your going to call the cops at least be honest. gosh. she even got the other neighbors yelling at my son and cursing at him. i have only talked with her once and frankly that was one to many times if you ask me. we are family centered home with lots of love. she has no room to judge or worse lie to police. my son was really upset about the whole thing and frankly i feel the neighbors judgements on us daily.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• What a loon!! Sorry your having to deal with a horrible neighbor!
    Juliets1

Answer by Juliets1 at 3:32 AM on Jun. 14, 2010