Have you build strong frindships, some that you consider lasting friendships here on CM?

I have friends but not anyone I talk to on a regular basis, I've only been a member for about 1 1/2 years, I've joined a few groups and made a few friends but none that keep in touch with me regularly, I try to touch base as often as possible. I am just looking to build lasting friendships and to find friends whom I can trust even if it's miles away. I am a mother of 4 kiddos, ages 14-11 months, in my "real" life I pretty much keep to myself along with my DH, but sometimes I need to vent/talk with someone other than him, specially when my frustrations are with him. We are both working parents and spend time with the family every opportunity we have. If you do have strong friendships here, is it with other moms you knew and just connected online on CF or did you build the friendship from scratch? Just curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have met three, turns out we have so much in common. I love them to death and we have actually met in person. So we talk all the time on here and then we hook up once a year.
    The way I met and became real friends was through a group. We talked in a quilting group. We became friendly and now we are bff's. It is very funny. I do solitary stuff, sewing, biking, swimming, reading. Guess what they all love what I love too!
    Don't push it keep true to your self and it will happen when you least expect it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yes, I met two moms on here that I talk to regularly on IM and FB but not on CM anymore. he he. One I talk to almost every day. They are awesome. I've met many other moms that I talk to on FB now, but two especially make me happy to have some friends. I've been a member for about 2 1/2 years.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• yes there are 2 moms I met on here that I talk to all the time on they are on my friends list on one girl is on my myspace and the other was on my facebook and myspace, but she recently deleted her myspace so she only has a facebook account now, but I talk to both of them
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• No but I wish the I knew some. I am 23 and have a 18 month old. Im at home all the time with my son it would be nice to be able to be friends with some ladies who have some things in common with me. :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i have met a couple of women on here i talk to on the phone and on fb. i also met one of my best friends in the world on here!! we travel to see eachother as often as possible and talk everyday. it can happen but ya'll need to put yourself out there and talk to people. find people with like minded intersts. respond to the same people and start conversations. it will happen ladies, keep the faith
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 6:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• nope
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yes, I talk to her everyday!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• yes i have some one on CM i became close too and talk to everyday there my bestie
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 7:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Some CM's I consider life long friends and have met a few in person too.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Absolutely, and plenty of them. Probably at least 10 that I talk to on a regular daily basis on cm, facebook, the phone, skype, and even one that I've met in person. I'm lucky to be a member of a very close-knit group and we've all known eachother for a year plus. I'm closer to them than my RL friends :P ♥♥♥
    LovableNeurotic

Answer by LovableNeurotic at 9:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2010