Learning Centers/Parents or Grandparents/ Those who've been to these help centers!

Okay I called a company here in Utah and they said they can diagnose learning deficits and retrain the mind to withhold the information its receiving. And make school a great learning experience for kids who've struggled all their life! They even said that my kids will be able to do their homework without trouble. They will show me what I need to do as a parent to help my kids along the way. I would like to know from anyone who's been to sylavan learning center or any other place thats helped your child succeed in school and at home with reading and anything else that we need in life. If you've taught at these places could you tell me if its worth the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've taught at a few independent learning centers. Sylvan is one I would recommend against. They do not do extensive back ground checks and they do not require that the instructors have a minimum of a 4 year degree. The Sylvan center near my undergrad uni was notorious for hiring kids in college-- often first year students. Also, it was an easy place to get a job without a drug test. In fact, some of the kids who were kicked out of college for marijuana charges on campus were hired by Sylvan.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2010