What is God's will?

Does he have different wills? Like, does he have a will for himself, for Jesus, for us, for the earth? What exactly is a will?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh, and it's also God's will that the earth come to it's full purpose as He gave to Adam and Eve, to make this earth a paradise filled with righteous people who loved Him and His son and wanted to live according to His full expressed will as Universal Sovereign.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• To me, His will is what he wants, not what we want.
    Anonymous

• what it is meant to happen, what he wants

Answer by older at 6:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yahweh's will is the same as all of his prophets and his son. That we turn from our sinful ways in this sinful world ruled by the devil and to repent and be saved, to follow the righteous path of obedience as his son has shown us, and to lay down our lives to lead others to the truth as our only teacher commands. This proves we love both Yahweh and Yahshua, and our fellow mankind. Thus fulfilling all of the commands. As they have all said and proclaimed, "Repent and be baptized in the saving name of our savior Yahshua our Messiah!" Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I want to know God's will for my life. There are so many blessings. When I read God's word and come across a scripture about God's will I write it down. I love reading over my list of God's will. I know I will have more to add.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 8:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Interesting point:
    God is one who gives advice as a counselor. Counsel is the advice that he gives.
    Of the numerous Hebrew and Aramaic words used in the Scriptures to express the idea of “counsel,” the Hebrew noun ‛e‧tsah′ and the related verb ya‧‛ats′ appear most often. Though usually rendered “counsel,” ‛e‧tsah′ has also been translated “scheme.” (Isa 8:10) In the Christian Greek Scriptures, the concept of “counsel” or “advice” as a noun is expressed by bou‧le′ and sym‧bou′li‧on. Bou‧le′ is also rendered “design” (Lu 23:51), “scheme” (Ac 5:38), “express will” (Ac 13:36), and “determination” (Ac 27:42).
    So the term “counsel” may also signify “will,” “purpose,” “determination,” “design,” as when Jehovah de
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• At Ephesians 1:11, the phrase “according to the way his will counsels” (literally, “according to the counsel of the will of him”) may be understood to mean “according to the purpose, or determination, that is an expression of God’s will.” The apostle Paul said that he was free of bloodguilt because he did not hold back from teaching “all the counsel of God” (“the whole of God’s purpose,” JB; “the whole will of God,” NIV), that is, everything that is essential for salvation.—Ac 20:27.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• God's will is for all to be saved, but that does not mean all will be saved. Just because God wills it does not mean it happens. I for one do not believe that God is all powerfull. His power is limited, He needs vessels to work through, and if we do not humble ourselves before God and allow Him to use us, His will will not be done. So there I said it, and yes I am going to post anon, cause I already know I am going to get reamed for this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• gosh i'm wondering what God left me in his will lol

well, it is my understanding that no person can truly understand or know God's will, yet we are supposed to let God's will happen, and that God exists within all of us - so aren't our wills and God's will the same thing? or does that explain all the little voices i hear? i also heard that everything that happens is according to God's will, so i don't get how the devil can be a bad influence or if God wants us all to be saved why He keeps sending earthquakes and hurricanes and oil spills to kill everyone. it's all sooo confusing... that's why i believe shit that makes sense!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2010