Is anyone else very lonely within their marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, believe it or not. Isn't that sad?
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I get lonely...hubby and I both work FT, we got to school on line and our kids are in sports pretty much all year round, sometimes we don't see each other until about 9-10 at night it is extremely hard to find time for each other but I know my hubby misses our time as much as I do so we just try to make it work. His job is pretty much on call as well so sometimes when we do have time he's doing something for work and I am with the kids...it's a struggle!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I think everyone feels this way at one time or another. Like after sex if hubby rolls over and falls asleep right away. That can feel lonely. Or if he is too tired for sex and just wants to go to sleep for weeks straight, that can be lonely too. Im not married anymore but I remember those as being some of the loneliest in my marriage. Hey the single life isnt all its cracked up to be either if that helps at all, specially if you have kids and are raising them alone.
    Anonymous

• I can relate. You have to try to find time together and know that marriage ebbs and flows. I agree, single life isn't so great.
    Anonymous

• i am... and i'm not even married!
    Anonymous

• Yes i have been lately. my DH is working & in school. ..so even if he's home he's doing homework, or playing on the computer.
    Anonymous

• I was when I was married. When people suggest I get married again I ask them "why? I was terribly lonely every time I got married!" It's just not for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• DH is in the military. He's been gone since october. I haven't seen him since December. I am
    extremely lonely. I kept changing and he expects to come home to the same woman. I am terrified that I will wake up one day after my kid(s) is grown and wonder what have I done with my life. But I love him. So I stay. Even though I'm not blissfully happy and there are and will be a lot of times I am alone. Even when he's here I'm lonely. DH deployed when our first/only child was 5 weeks old....saw him when he was 3 months for 2 weeks...it's sad. But you do things for yourself to help.
    Anonymous