my due date is june 2. and i am scheduled to be induced june 9. read below.

i am 40 weeks pregnant and this my first pregnancy. tomorrow i am scheduled to have a biophysical profile done. if everything goes well with the test i will be induced next week june 9. should i be worried that the baby is staying in the womb so long at 41 weeks. has anyone ever had a biophysical profile done before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have never had a bio profile done, but PLEASE don't worry about your baby staying in until 41 weeks!!!!!! Babies come when they are ready, and while I am 100% ok with people being induced when necessary, you should not get stressed this last week because you are worried about the baby. 41 weeks is FINE! Try to get as much rest as possible to prepare your body for birth and a new baby!

Congrats!
    Anonymous

• anything between 38 and 42 weeks is considered full term, you will be fine
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My daughter was due on the 4th of august back in 2006. When I had my profile done they gave me the option to wait it out 1 week and see if she decides to come or get induced that day. I choose to wait the week out. I wanted her to come when she was good and ready...lol. So yeah, I was 41 weeks pregnant when I had her. But I still had to be induced. She just didnt want to come out! LOL....When my one week was up the doctor called me and asked how I was and if anything had changed, I said no. I was still ok. So, they decided it was best to get induced that night. Funny thing is, when I was in labor I gave it 2 pushes and the doctor told me to stop and take a break. So there I am just relaxing waiting for the doctor to come back, and the nurse says, I think the baby is coming out....lol...My daughter came out on her own. But yeah, its fine to be 41, 42 or even 43 weeks preggers...lol. Babies know when they are ready!
    vdr1983

Answer by vdr1983 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It doesn't become an issue unless your placenta starts to deteriorate or your fluid starts to disappear. 42 weeks is still term and not "overdue". So, you could go 43 or even 44. My mom's so called due date was Junes 30 with me and she went into labor and had me July 18.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I had a biophysical profile done today. They will check 3 things. First the amniotic fluid levels, second the sporatic movement like your baby moving an arm or leg, and also what they call fetal breathing. Fetal breathing was explained to me as the baby practicing breathing and it is a good thing to see and awesome by the way. The baby has 30 minutes to perform all 3 actions to be what they call successful. My son did them in 10 minutes today. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you aren't comfortable being induced then tell him you will wait up to 42 weeks. Most doctors won't let you go past that. good luck to you.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• " anything between 38 and 42 weeks is considered full term, you will be fine "

and

That is based on an average.
    Plenty of women will have healthy pregnancies that deliver outside of that average (whether before or after the due period).

The average estimated due period is just a guesstimated timeframe.     If you & baby are healthy and fine you might still be pregnant a month from now.    

;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010