Huffing Gasoline & Teens...What every PARENT needs to know.

Every Parent of Teens 11-on up need to google HUFFING GASOLINE. I just found out the hard way what it is, my 14 yr old has been using it for 2 plus months. Read up on it & talk to your kid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• thank you, good to know. Like sniffing rubber cement, etc?
    Anonymous

• Yea, sniffing or inhaling. My son was inhaling gasoline right in my own damn garage. He's been high off & on for 8 weeks or so. It's been going on right in my face & I didn't even know about it. When I'd see him he looked tired nothing that ever concerned me. It's Crazy!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Huffing has been going on for years. I did it as a teen. I didn't huff gas or paint, I huffed aerosol cans and whip cream in a can. Just about anything can be used to get high. Glade was one of favorites. In case you want to know, I am 34.. So moms watch out for any household items in a can, that has any type of gas or fumes.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It goes way beyond gasoline. Rubber cement, white out, sharpie markers, hair spray, airplane glue, Glade..the list goes on and on and on. And just ONE time can cause irreversible brain damage if not DEATH. I just had a class on this and have tons of information and seen a movie about a kid that was huffing and his MOTHER thought it was funny. He had no idea what was going on and when she was told he could die, she laughed. Huffing is WORSE than any other street drug out there. If you even think your child is huffing, get them help before it is too late. My instructors niece huffed from a whipping cream can and now has irreverisible brain damage. She WAS a bright, intelligent 18 year old with the world in front of her, now she cannot learn anything new. She cannot make new friends because she has no ability to remember new material. She will never graduate from college, she will never get married, or have kids. Her life is over

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My husband did that when he was a teenager. I never did anything illegal. Our kids are young though. Hopefully, we will be able to recognize it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i just learned from watching a show on tv another big thing kids are"huffing" isthat can of air you buy to remove dust from your computer ,electronis etc i would have never thought about that
    momoftwogirls

Answer by momoftwogirls at 4:37 PM on Jun. 6, 2010