I have a 11 month old that refuses to eat her baby food including her cereal. How do I make sure she is getting enough food?

JoLeesMommy1207

Asked by JoLeesMommy1207 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'd would start introducing her to some solids.just cook what your cooking with no seasoning and make sure it is soft enought for her to eat. I would also try some soft fruits like bannanas or boiled apples.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I use to get my daughters to eat at that age by telling them a story, they were so mesmerized by them they would open their mouths and received anything I gave them, without realizing they were eating!

Answer by older at 7:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Give her solids. Baby food and cereal is just nasty. She can eat almost anything you eat only in smaller portions and pieces. Remember that a serving size for a child that age is about a TABLESPOON or so.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Give her what you're eating! Whatever is on your plate I'm sure is more appetizing than baby food, with a lot more flavor.

Answer by missanc at 9:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• just keep trying, they like to play with you and thier food at this age. i read that it takes 5-7 time to try a new item. i didn't believe it at first but i have done it twice with my LO and it worked. once with little raviolies and once with cut fruit (she hated the texture). Good Luck
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 11:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Have you tried baby food? It is nasty stuff!! Just smash up whatever foods you are eating. Try finger foods like puffed brown rice, small cubes of avocado and baked sweet potato, etc. You can get more ideas here: http://www.superbabyfood.com/ and here: http://www.babyledweaning.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• 11 months old still eating baby food? for real? but anyway, they can eat basically everything you can, just cut it up into smaller pieces. she probably can feed herself with her hands at this point
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2010