not sure how to answer

I am a teacher and one of my student's families are vegetarian. One day I over heard a kid say to another kid why does "Tommy" not eat meat? That is stupid.... " The bell rang for recess to be over and I never addressed the issue but I am sure it will come up again and I do want the child to know I over heard him how should I respond to this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Tell them that some people love animals and that is why they don't want to eat their meat, and others are concerned about how long meats takes to digest in your body and do it for health reasons.

Answer by older at 7:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• He gave his opinion. Not sure I'd make a big deal about it. Kids think lots of things are stupid then move on. If you bring it back up he may hone in on Tommy and tease him. I'd drop it.

Funny though since a lot of vegetarians think eating meat is stupid!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• No need to address it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2010