stressing for 1st dr apt I am overweight :( will the dr go over your weight with you ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Most likely. Depends on how "overweight" you are. I was about 50 lbs overweight when I got preg and at my first appt I spoke with my doctor about it. Basically she told me that weight was not going to be an issue during my pregnancy as long as I made the right decisions as far as my eating. If you eat well it is unlikely you'll develop gestational diabetes (which is the biggest concern with you being overweight and preg). I lost about 20 lbs during my pregnancy and ended up going home from the hospital 10 lbs lighter than when I got pregn.
    Anonymous

• thats good to know what were some tips you did?
    Anonymous

• I was overweight during both of my pregnancies and my Dr never said a word about me being overweight. We are currently trying for another baby and I recently saw my Dr and he gave me fertility drugs. I weigh more than ever now and he didn't say anything at all about my weight. He did, however, talk to me about blood sugar levels.

It just all depends on the Dr whether they will say anything.  I wish mine would say something, it might help me be more motivated to lose some. I had gestational diabetes both times and I went to a nutritionist and followed a pretty strict diet to control it.

Anonymous

• my doctor never really did. I am also over weight, honestly I never really thought twice about being scared to go to the doc. They tell you the basics, to try and not gain too much weight, which honestly is very easy! Just eat healthy and keep active!!! With my daughter I lost 30lbs in my first trimester and only gained 10 back the whole pregnancy, and with this one I lost 15lbs and I have been steady with my weight since and I am now 21 weeks pregnant. I always joke that pregnancy is the best diet for me lol. Its not like Im dieting while Im pregnant, I dont want anyone to misunderstand me, I am just eating very healthy, 3 square meals and helahty snacks, no pop and all that junk, and I walk alot to stay active. dont be nervous about it hun!! theres alays ways to stay healthy and your doc should understand that not everyone is a size 4 =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My doctor goes over my weight at every single appt. I go to =/ I hate it. I guess it depends on your doctor. I wish I had one that was a little nicer about such things. Best of luck!!! =)
    bustii

Answer by bustii at 11:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2010