Does anyone else want to be left alone, like all the time?

Besides DH and our DD, I don't like people. I don't like spending time with my family because they are irritating, rude, annoying, bad with my DD, and for numerous other reasons, I don't like spending time with my "friends" (I'm 21 by the way) because they are immature, only want to go out party and sleep around, etc. I go to church once a week, and deal with people at work, but I feel like a hermit and a bad daughter/sister/friend because I don't care to see people. I am happy as can be being alone with DH and DD..

Is that weird? Or do other mom's go through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I can be reclusive and I generally think people are stupid but I don't avoid people or outings or conversations because of it. I try to keep in mind that I don't know what is going on in other peoples' lives that make them act the way they do. I try to remember we're all raised differently and from different socio-economic levels which contributes to the differences. Still, many people irritate me. That being the case, there are still good people. Because you don't party and sleep around might mean you need to meet older Moms that you can relate better too. IDK.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's weird bc I do the same thing. Some people are social (like my sister) and some are not (me). It's all good. I had lunch with a guy that turned out to be a Psychiatrist. He said as long as I was happy and functional then it was ok. I am happy and functional living as a hermit so that works for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I am content at home with my family, we are very busy most of the time and when we are not that is ok too. I do get easily annoyed by people I don't understand why a lot of the people feel that the company they work for owes them and that they will work more or less when the want to or how hard or fast they want to. I don't like to get caught up in the gossip. I am not in the click and I think my children suffer from that. All that being said I think you are normal and as long as you are happy and noone is getting hurt continue doing what you are doing.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Im a hermit always been a hermit and probably always will be a hermit. I know this sounds bad. While I do enjoy time with family, what few friends I have, etc, I only enjoy it in moderation. It was hard getting used to being a mom because I have little ones following me everywhere. Sometimes I go in my room and shut the door and don't let anyone in just so I can have my own quiet time to myself. I am not clingy to DH because I don't like spending every moment together and I am okay with going to the store by myself, doing things by myself, etc. I've been a home body/ loner since I was a child. It's not that I have social anxiety because I have a very friendly bubbly personality. I just like to be alone plain and simple. I need alone time. It's not strange. You need to be there for your husband and kids when they need you, but they need to leave you alone too.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2010