Have you shared your rent with a best friend?

Ok so... we are moving out, and money is running low these days, so my best friend thought it would be cool to rent out a place together. I have my hubby and one 4 yr old, and one coming in the way... she is single no kids no bf... I'm really excited about this move but I'm scared of our friendship breaking up because of this move... have any of you moved into a new home with a best friend? and how did it end? o_O or am I crazy and should just move out with my family alone?

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 8:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• if everyone is ok with it. before u guys move set "rules" or have a schedule of some kind
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Trust me it dont work imagen living with your sister who is short and needs to borrow money to pay there share of rent and what about when you want somethink to eat that you brought and have been saving well its gorn to friends living to gether never works you are most likley 2 alike
    no1yummymummy

Answer by no1yummymummy at 8:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• your kids will want there space to as you will with your partner talk to your hubby see what he thinks
    Anonymous

• Yep....and it ended our "friendship". We worked at the same bar, but we barely ever worked on the same day. On my days off, random guys that came by the bar, would show up at our house, looking for her, and she had sex all of them. A different guy every few days, no lie. I didn't like the fact that just because I lived there, people thought I was a hoe bag too, so we had a VERY heated argument, and I packed up and left.
    soldierluvr0407

Answer by soldierluvr0407 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• well me and my friend were both from new york, i moved to FL by myself and she left NY with the carnival. she asked if she could move in with me, so i got a bigger apt and she was supposed to split the rent .. well she was on & off leaving with the carnival, ended up using my apt as basically a storage room for her stuff, didnt pay the rent except for 2 months .. so i gave her a month to get her shit out, she never came, so i threw most of it in the garbage, she showed up to get the rest of it, and then keyed my car on the way out without me knowing. we didnt talk & hated eachother for quite a while ... but now were still friends alittle bit. were both back in NY, & we talked occasionally, i see her sometimes, but were definatly not best friends anymore. i should of known though, she was always kind of a selfish bitch. if your friend is awesome, it might work out for you.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2010