Dr said I am 80-90% thinned out!

My question is can u be thinned out without being dialated and if u are thinned out does that me I have lost my mucus plug?

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you will dialated soon and your mucus plug will be huge i mwan you wont miss it you will see it soon and look for blood you will spot a day maybe a few days before labod good luck your close?
    Anonymous

• Actually it doesn't mean anything. I went today and I am 2cm and 60% effaced (thinned) still have my plug intact. With my 4th I sat at 90% effaced and 2 cm for 5 weeks. it varies for every woman. I also didn't lose my plug until I was in active labor with my 4th. It can mean labor is soon or not. Don't want to burst your bubble, but also don't want you to anticipate things coming faster than they might.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I had 3 vaginal deliveries and I never noticed when I lost my plug with any of them!

Answer by missanc at 9:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• This actually tells you very little as far as when you will dilate or when you will go into labor.
    Anonymous