Are there any others?

Ok I will not go anon on this because I think it important when asking this question you know who I am! Anyway, I was a cutter for 7 years(for anyone who does not know, it is when you intentionally cut yourself) or self mutlate) well I stopped when I found out I was pregnant! Well I have been having the urge recently. A lot fo things have been going on, my SO is going to jail(shor time didn't hurt anyone) my DD who is 2 1/2 is acting up( I know I know it's because of what's going on with her daddy) and well I can't find a job. I'm on PA and HATE it!! I feel so ashamed buying food on FS, or diapers on PA cash!! Anyway I have not cut, when I am upset I hold my DD(if she will let me lol)or I talk to my SO, but in 2 weeks he may not be here(they may offer him house arrest we still don't know) and what will I do then? I am sooo scared I will what I call relapes. Con in question...

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Health

• So my question is to those of you who have stopped cutting, what would be your suggestion? What the heck should I do??? If you have anything nasty or unnecessary to say please refrain and leave! Thank you very much!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• all I can say is pray
    Anonymous

• those programs are to help you dont be ashamed to use it if your doing your best its okay and dont cut i have a feeling its alot of stress and i wish you all the luck in the world okay
    Anonymous

• anti anxiety meds

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Anon, thank you. I am becoming pagan and I light candles and pray every single night! I will continue doing that every night. Thank you very much! I am glad you answered so nicely I was very worried I would be bashed which I still might!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• butterfly, I have tried pills and they never work for me, but thank you for the opinion I apprecate it!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Stress and lose of control is why most people cut.. Try to avoid as much stress as possible and understand at 2 and 1/2 acting up is normal. Talk to a friend in high stress times, go for a walk with your DD in the stroller to relax or listen to your fav music.. You can find what works best for you. Understanding the triggers is the "key" to stop it before it starts.. Hang in there mom!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• ignore those who choose to judge. They have not walked in your shoes. You keep doing well and take care of yourself and your DD. Putting your faith in a higher power is always a good idea.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 8:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It sounds like counselling would help you. I was suicidal and a cutter years ago. I still have ideations from time to time. I use my babies as my center. If I ever get the urge, I think of what it would do to them to see me that way or to lose me all together.

Either way, hun, you need to do something to help yourself. See if talking to someone helps you. If not, and you do start cutting, admit yourself to the hospital.
    PandTsmomjuly

Answer by PandTsmomjuly at 8:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Thank you midnight. I know she is just being a 2 1/2 year old and with the stress of knowing Daddy might be leaving(we did not want to spring it on her so we have told her so that she can well maybe understand a bit better) and well the weather not great and being stuck inside. I know she is normal lol. I just wish that her dad could stay and help you know. He loves her so much and she loves him so much, it's just sad. My problem with music is that i used to cut to music. Weird maybe but I wasn't alone when i had it on and I never wanted to be alone! Walks I can do lol when the ewather is nice. Thank you again!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010