I called the doc.. cont. from an early question

I posted earlier a question earlier about how I am 12 weeks pregnant and already had a miscarriage before and have had some problems during this pregnancy and my doctor said it was fine as long as my cervix are closed. Earlier I felt something wet and I went to the bathroom and saw a small blood stain in my underwear but I checked and I wasn't bleeding so I thought maybe it was an old stain i just didn't notice. Well I was curios and checked my cervix I think they are open. Well i called and the after hours nurse said that if my cervix are dialated this early I am having a miscarriage and there is nothing they can do about it. I could go to the emergency room if i wanted though but she doesn't see a point. Should I go? Should I listen to her or go because I have been told if the baby is still alive they can stitch my cervix.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would definately go. Chances are there is nothing wrong because a little bleeding in early pregnancy is normal and outter dilation is normal BUT they can help ease your mind.

The will probably do an ultra sound, check your cervix and measure your cervix. If you have an incompetent cervix they can stitch it.

Unfortunantly if you are TRULY miscarring then there isn't a whole lot that can be done unless it has something to do with your progestrone levels or an incompetent cervix.

Ask the to check your progestrone levels, tell them your concerns and see what they say. PLEASE UPDATE US WHEN YOU GET BACK!!
    Anonymous

• yes go get off here and go get a ride you can save baby still
    .
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 8:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• yeah go. That way you'll know for sure what's going on.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I would go....
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I went everything is fine thank you all. It is the outer and not inner dialation like pp said. How do you tell the difference though.
    Anonymous