Do you have herpes? if so I have a question

So I'm pretty sure I have it but wont have the test results back until later this week. Anyways my question is did it affect your period in any way? mine started last monday and is usually extremely light (three days and I can get away with panty liners the whole time) but it's still going and is actually getting heavier (I had to use a tampon today), I started showing herpes symptoms on monday...so yea wtf?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Health

• Nope, never affected mine. But I have only had 1 outbreak and that was during my first pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• It does not affect your period. I have it:( I get outbreaks when I am stressed.
    Anonymous

• YES..it did affect my period the first time I had an outbreak (also when I found out I had herpes.) After that, for about a YEAR I would start to get an outbreak about 3 days before my period started. Now, I only get an outbreak maybe twice a year.
    Anonymous

• Anon :53 it doesn't affect your period.. The hormone change from your period is probably what caused the outbreaks. Not the other way around.
    Anonymous

• i was like the other anon who would always get an outbreak just before my period for a while, but no i dont think it has any affect on the amount of blood you see. good luck
    Anonymous

• anon :56 YES it DID affect my period, trust me, I know my own body. I even discussed it with the doctor.Just because it may not have affected YOURS doesnt mean it doesnt happen to other people. The first period that I got when I had contracted the virus was very strange. I'm not saying that it affected ALL my periods in that way. But it did affect the first few. I've had it long enought to know,5 years to be exact.I think I would know what I'm talking about.
    Anonymous

• I dont have herpes for one, but no, the herpes virus does not affect your menstrual cycle. Chances are you were stressed out whether you realized or not and that is why you experienced an outbreak and had a weird period.
    Anonymous