How soon can I have sex?

I am told 6 weeks after birth and it'll be painful...but can I do anal before that? I'm sorry I know I'm suppose to take it easy etc but I had my baby three weeks ago and was already our and about and doing thing three days hubby and I were just wonderng about the sex (anal) is off limits too?..haha

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes,6 wks for all sex below the belt.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I had sex 3 weeks after my son was born but I dont think its always a good idea. I wouldn't do it again that soon after having a baby....I dont think anyways :)

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I don't believe anal sex is off limits, since your child didn't come out of your ass! So to speak. I think the reason they don't want you to have vag sex is because you can get pregnant again and faster. My friend was suppose to wait and she didn't. She had her children on after the other.

Answer by happynewyorker at 9:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i had sex 2 weeks after having my son. but i had a csection, & i showered before & after to keep clean, washed down there really good & just went easy with the sex.

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• no your supposed to wait because of the risk of infection.

• Sheesh, let your body recover! If your husband can't wait, there's always oral.

• I didn't wait. I had sex 2 weeks, almost 3, after having dd. did not enjoy it at all, I was too intent on taking it easy on the stitches and going slow so it wouldn't hurt. which it did anyway. and you put pressure on your anus pushing baby out too. and if you tear 3rd degree or 4 that affects the rectal muscles and anal sex could damage them further leading to fecal incontinence. just something to think about...

• Anal is out if you had an episiotomy. You should just wait the other three weeks unless you really want to mess up your body. Seriously.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I'd wait three weeks. I waited 8 weeks because I was just not too sure. My Mother warned me of the stitches if I did anything too soon.

Answer by Mommy2mj at 9:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I couldn't wait more than 4 weeks, but we took it easy and at our 6 week check up the doc didn't seem to mind that we gave ourselves the green light.. You know your body better than anyone else, if you're ready just take it slow and if it's uncomfortable stop and wait :) have fun

Answer by tasase at 9:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2010