Would you ever forgive a best friend who had sex with your exboyfriend?

I met this girl kim when i was 14, she was really a loser & had no friends. I showed her how to do her hair, & dress, & introduced her to my friends. I started dating this guy when I was 16 until i was 19. When me and him broke up, about a month or so after we broke up, I found out that kim had sex with him. I wanted to kill her & we didnt talk for a couple of years. Then I met my current SO, & she ended up dating my SO's cousin so i saw her at a few family events & we talked as if nothing ever happened. Actually, I dont think I ever really confronted her about it. I even went for a walk with her not that long ago. Shes pregnant now and I got an invitation to her baby shower, & as I was thinking about buying her things for the shower .. I thought that I couldnt believe I would buy this dirty skank anything after what she did to me. What would you do? BTW im 23 now.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 9:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with emslala. Its an unwritten code that you don't date friend's xs unless you have it okayed by them. It was shitty what your friend did...especially only a month after you broke up. Would I forgive her? Maybe at some point down the road, but I wouldn't be friends with her anymore. When a person chooses a guy over their friends, it really says something about their character, and I would not associate myself with someone like that.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• If he was already an ex, and she didn't do it when you were still with him, I see nothing wrong with it.. But thats just me.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Once you break up with them then they are not your's anymore and they can sleep with anyone they want to. They wanted to. Don't be so immature. Get over it
    Anonymous

• so she slept with ur ex while u and ur ex were still together? if yes i would never speak to her....i may sound horrible but with me its just that once the trust is gone then its gone forever......but if she did it after u guys had broken up then i don't think its a big deal............overall its really ur choice......good luck to u
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Young people don't always think things through. Maybe she just wanted a piece of your life, as weird as that sounds. Time to have a talk and work it out.
    Anonymous

• nope my stupid ass friend got with my ex-dead beat sperm donor---then told him stuff about me, how rude--- and tried my to make my kids call her mommy-----duh, they called her something else it was great!!!
    Anonymous

• I have this image of you shopping for baby stuff and grumbling, "dirty skank" haha,,,let it go. Life has moved on for goodness sakes. We all do stupid stuff when we are young, Since she didnt marry him Im guessing she wasnt too impressed with him. Now go buy those onsies with a smile!
    Anonymous

• This is just 2 funny 2 even answer. Forgive her 4 what? u got rid of him bc u didn't want him. She took your leftovers. You should thank her!
    Anonymous

• she didn't do anything wrong, why is she a skank? you weren't with him, you didn't tell her you'd rather her not be with him. she didn't do it to hurt you.....just let this go, not worth harboring bad feelings. and you don't want to be a hypocrite, nice to her face and then calling her a dirty skank while you're shopping for HER BABY ITEMS!...lol
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• you don't have to be her best friend- but you don't have to hate her either....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2010