Do you dye your hair? If so, how often? Yourself or Professional? Keep it same color or change it up?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I like my natural color, so I keep it. No dye jobs for me. A few grey hairs are showing up, and I'm only 33, but hey, I've earned them, so I'm keeping them.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Oh i am always changing it up... right now it is black with purple highlights. before that it was RED. and i caps that because it was intense red. I change it as often as the mood suits me.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 9:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I usually get it prof. done about every 2-3 months .... i always get it a color called Brown Plum ..... or sometimes I switch it up and go for a dark red with gold and lighter red highlights.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i do and have for years. i dye mine myself every 6-8 weeks and its almost always a different shade of red (my recent favorite color haha). i use to go for crazy colors, but now i stick to more natural ones. my hair is the most drab shade of dark blonde (we call in dishwater blonde in my family) so as soon as my mom gave me the okay i started dying it (about 12 years now). ive been every color from platinum blonde to dark black...im thinking of going medium blonde this next time around...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• sometimes I highlight it and recently covered it back to brown because the foils were too expensive. Now, the brown is washing out and I can see the old blond....ugh. When I do it myself, the top always fades and the bottom stays dark so I go to a salon.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i dye it probably every 4-5 months because i get bored. sometimes longer, sometimes less. it all just depends. i change up the colors. i do it on my own, except for blonde. never dye your own hair blonde because it will not come out blonde, it will come out orange. if i want it blonde, i do it proffesionally, but every other color, i do on my own.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I have been to college to do hair so I do my own have been bleach blonde and everything inbetween am currently jet black.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My mom used to dye it for me when she owned her own salon, but she retired & moved to TN. Now, My husband helps me dye my hair every 4-5 weeks. I've had it a med auburn for about 12 years now. I've thought about going back to my natural color of brown, but I love the red so much & it's such a natural looking color, I just stick with it.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yes, I change up my color from auburn to brown to highlighted heavy blond on top and dark underneath depending on my mood and the season. I have used a profession but they keep screwing it up so I do it myself so it gets done right

Answer by admckenzie at 10:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I get my hair professionally dyed about every 3 months or when I really start noticing my roots. For about 5 years I dyed it blonde out of a box. Then one day I realized that my hair was soo horribly damaged. I started going to a salon instead of doing it myself and switched to a reddish brown with blonde highlights. I've stuck with that same color palette for about 3 or 4 years now. My hair is 10 times healthier now and twice as thick.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2010