No nice words

I am generally happy in my marriage but sometimes I wish he would just say nice things to me. He does nice things for me but never ever says nice things to me without prompting. Just once I'd love to hear a thank you or I could never live my life without you. My over active imagination fills in the blanks in a negative way at times. How the heck do I just accept it and stop feeling sad about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Go to your mothers and leave him alone with the kids and the house for a week, I bet he says he cant live without you then! lol
    Anonymous

• Maybe he doesn't know your love language. Read the 5 Love Languages and then pass it on to him. Sometimes you just have to tell them how you feel and what you need. He may thinks he is showing you his love by the things he does.
    busywith2boys

Answer by busywith2boys at 10:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I would read (and ask him to read at the same time) Gary Chapman's great book, The Five Love languages. It is so insightful and will be SO HELPFUL!! It is a very worthwhile read!
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 10:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• We must have the same guy. I tried for years. He's just not into saying nice things often but when he does I know he really means it! That means a lot. It's like wanting chocolate all the time but you can't get it often and when you do it tastes really good! You can't change them but you can change how you react to them. I learned to adapt to him. I know he thinks I rock and he doesn't have to say it. Yes I wish he would verbalize that but some men find it easier to show us instead of saying it. That's really a good thing. Some men lie and don't show anything. At least with our guys we know they mean it by showing us.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• men either suck ass or are great like they have the most extreem moods my husband says nice things but the littlest thing that makes him mad i hear i hate you i know he does not but it sucks! well i am sure he thinks he doesnt need to tell you these things becase he thinks you know guys always say that they dont think about what they are not saying!
    Anonymous

• Can you get the book -The Five Love Languages and see if your spouse wll also read it?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2010