Best double stroller for a 4 yr old and a newborn?

Hello
I'm looking around at double strollers and so far I like the Joovy ERGO CABOOSE and it seems kinda cool but its like $400, so I was wondering if you knew of any really good double strollers, or have you purchased this stroller ( is it worth $400 ?) ... Please help, this is my 2nd child so I know nothing about double strollers and their quality. Thanks!

psychobilly_mom

Asked by psychobilly_mom at 10:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 3 1/2 yr old uses the double stroller and she is nowhere NEAR lazy and inactive. If we take walks or are at a festival or the zoo she likes to ride (though at the zoo she gets out over and over). She says her legs get tired. She is short for her age so it takes a LOT of steps for her to keep pace. She is totally on the go and plays all day. Not lazy or inactive.
    We have the Baby trend sit n stand. I highly recommend a sit n stand for the age. it can help keep them from wanting to get out of the stroller if they have the option of switching back and forth. I don't think any stroller is worth $400 unless it changes the diaper and reads a story, cooks dinner and does my laundry. LOL
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• your 4 year old doesn't need a stroller..she can walk can't she. my 4 year old walks everywhere. a 4 year old in a stroller will make her lazy and inactive
    Anonymous

• i agree with PP. i have 2 kids, both 16 months apart. when dd was born, ds started walking everywhere, even the mall. i just had him hold the side of the stroller or cart, if at the grocery store. if my then 16 month old can do it (and still doing it at 3yrs old, when i do put my now 20month old in the stroller/cart, which isn't much) then a 4yr old is plenty capable of it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Mine are 2 1/2 years apart. I never had a double stroller. In the very beginning, I put the baby in the bjorn and my 2 year old in the stroller. Maybe 5 times. She just started walking then. My 4 year old hasn't been in the stroller in a year. I think it will be a huge waste of money.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• and you're going to Disneyworld with a newborn why..?? i live near the beach too, but it gets so hot 3hours is a LONG time. remember, 2 babies is WAY different than having 1, your 3hr long walks are more than likely going to get shorter, if not stop. I went on walks with my son too, every day. not long, maybe an hour, but after dd was born, they're very rare now.
    Anonymous