What do I need to have a luau?

I want to have a luau style party for my 28th birthday in july. I need ideas for food, games, where I can find the cheapest supplies any sugguestions. Big thanks to all!

rayna_82

Asked by rayna_82 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• limbo, volleyball, lots of fruit, ham, grass skirts, lays, drinks in coconuts, and dancing
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Oriental Trading is the best place for party supplies. Do you have a pool at your house or know of a place that will allow you to rent out their pool? I would look into that first. As far as games, I would do a limbo game, hula dancing contest, and maybe a scavenger hunt. For the food, I would stick to hot dogs, hamburgers, fresh fruit, etc, but if you want something different here is a website that has some good ideas for party food for a luau. http://www.toppartyideas.com/easy-hawaiian-luau-party-food-and-snacks/

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• google it!
    strawberryLVR

Answer by strawberryLVR at 12:18 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• go to the dollar store for lays cheap cheap cheap lol
    shanda1668

Answer by shanda1668 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Dollar tree has really good luau decorations right now. Walmart has many luau items on clarence right now.

Other than that, my favorite place to get luau supplies is Party City. I have bought more party things there than I need. haha.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Throw a boneless pork roast in your crockpot and let cook on low overnight. Next day, cut it into 1 inch cubes, thread them on skewers with pineapple chunks and marashino cherries. Grill them with sweet and sour sauce. I love those things! You can also use vidalia onions in place of the cherries, but you definitely have to have pineapple - canned works fine.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Kalua pork with white rice and spam musubi if you want to be truly authentic you could even go for the poi but its kinda on the disgusting side. Lived in hawaii for a few years and the pork is very traditional the spam is just a local treat.
    mandaschelle

Answer by mandaschelle at 2:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• go to a party store or google it :)
    strawberryLVR

Answer by strawberryLVR at 11:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2010