family and I are SURPRISED LOL

We never hear of an 8 month old walking, or even trying to walk.. we only hear of 9 month olds just learning to stand on their own with their hands on something.. my son, 8 months old.. now will be 9 months old on june 10th, is walking, standing, drinking from a sippy cup[somewhat] I'm transiting him to a sippy cup.. my grandmother spoke to a coworker about grandchildren, the lady as a 7 month old granddaughter, and she won't do anything, just lays there trying to crawl, and my grandmother beams talking about her grandson [my son] is walking all by himself..
and i'm serious, he needs NO help whatsoever, yes he wobbles a lot, and falls every now and then, but he gets up and GO
who has an 8 month old or around that age that walks already, i'm trying so hard to believe there's other babies out there that can walk this early lol

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 10:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've known of babies walking that early. All of them develop at their own rate. The 7 month old sounds normal, too.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My middle son was 7 months old when he started walking. We were in the middle of moving, and he fell and hit his head on the back of a bent wood rocker, and had a lump the size of a golf ball on his forehead. I took him to urgent care, and the doctor didn't believe me that he was walking and had fallen because of his age, and made me put him down and have him walk. Thank goodness he walked, or I think that doctor would have called child protective services!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My oldest brother did as well, unassisted. Some kids are just prone to do it. I wouldn't get too excited though...he's bound to be in more things and get around easier.....good luck! lol
    Anonymous

• ohwrite
    that's gotta suck, the doc didn't believe you.
    i know he'll be in a lot of things, it gives me exercise lol he's constanty somewhere he shouldnt be lol
    and ginger, that makes me feel better, i was hoping he's not the only one but haven't met anyone with a kid like that, yea the 7 month old sounds normal, my friend's daughter is almost a year old and just learning. but desperate to get those teeth out lol
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 10:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Enjoying your idea of family surprise! Mine walked at 9 months and I was terrified. He got into everything. It was the terrible twos of a mini person. The kid was totally bald still and was running around like cupid or something..enjoy
    Anonymous

• My friend's baby walked at 7 months. It looked so weird! haha. I would have freaked if my kid had walked that early. So nerve wracking! Mine held herself up on furniture at around 6-7 months and walked while holding on, but didn't walk on her own until her first b-day!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 10:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My 8 month old has been pulling up to stand for a while and has been practicing standing without holding. We are expecting walking soon.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Mine all started walking around furniture and taking solo steps between 7-9 mos. so that would be normal to me. My grandson was 14 mos. before he started walking and I was concerned.
    Anonymous

• my daughter started walking along furniture at 7 months and was walking all by herself by time she was 8 1/2 months
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 11:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My son was walking at 9mo. he hadn't been standing alone or anything before that just up and walked one day so he could steal my can of juice and drink it. He's been running around terrorizing me ever since.
    Anonymous